VIDEO TUTORIAL + PROCESSING eBOOK
(SECOND EDITION 2022)
LONG EXPOSURE, ARCHITECTURE, FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY
VIDEO TUTORIAL – 2.5+ HOURS
10 MODULES – 68 VIDEO CHAPTERS
50+ PAGE NEW eBOOK: “ADVANCED BLACK AND WHITE PROCESSING WITH PhtD™ – PHOTOGRAPHY DRAWING”
You can also use this alternative link to order.
From the winner of
Two-Time Winner Professional Photographer of the Year 2016 & 2021
IPA International Photography Awards Architecture
SWPA World Photography Awards Professional Photographer Top 10 Finalist
Hasselblad Masters Top 10 Finalist
– Julia Anna Gospodarou –
The aim of this video course and eBook is to change the way you see photography and open a new world for you in fine art. They aim to teach you how to use photography as a tool to express your deepest and most essential artistic vision. They will give you the tools you need so you can create art with your photography.(COURSE SUMMARY BELOW)
Watch below a short preview of the video or watch it on Vimeo.
We recorded this video earlier this year in Amsterdam with Diego Rosero, architect and photographer/cinematographer.
LONG EXPOSURE, ARCHITECTURE, FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY PRACTICAL TOOLS
After the success of my best-selling book From Basics to Fine Art – Black and White Photography – Architecture and Beyond, considered by prestigious fine art photographers “the best book on black and white photography written in the last 40 years”, this new video tutorial gives the practical tools on how to create fine art photography in a new way, by working with long exposure and architecture, but extending the knowledge to any subject and technique you may work with
(en)Visionography and Photography Drawing were highly praised by numerous critics and photographers – “I consider Julia’s (en)Visionography and Photography Drawing the most important innovation in black and white photography since the invention of the Zone System.” (George DeWolfe). In this video, I will analyze these concepts and show how you can practically apply them in fine art photography.
KNOWLEDGE TESTED IN PRACTICE WITH RESULT TENS OF AWARDS
Having the experience of winning more than 80 awards and distinctions with my photography in international photography competitions, having taught numerous workshops and mentored students worldwide on fine art photography and (en)Visionography, and after having received many requests to talk about (en)Visionography in a video format, I am releasing this extensive Long Exposure, Architecture, Fine Art Photography Video Tutorial on Creating (en)Visionography, that will show you the secrets of how I create (en)Visionography, this new way of creating fine art photography.
I will show you how to conceive your photography according to your vision so the result can provoke emotion in the viewer – the same emotion you feel yourself when creating your work.
2.5+ HOUR LONG EXPOSURE, ARCHITECTURE, FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY VIDEO TUTORIAL + NEW ADVANCED PROCESSING eBOOK
In more than 2.5 hours of rich content, Julia analyzes what she calls (en)Visionography, the new way of creating fine art photography. She explores the depths of fine art photography, explaining how you can create a personal style in photography based on your own vision and representation of the world.
The explanations contain rich detail and in-depth analysis of how to create long exposure photography and architecture photography, giving you an insight into Julia’s photography thinking process and also guiding you step-by-step on how to apply in practice everything she does herself to create award-winning photographs, through hands-on case studies and direct descriptions.
You will learn how to conceive your photography according to your vision, so the result can trigger emotion in the viewer – the same emotion you feel when creating your work.
BONUS – NEW 50+ PAGE eBOOK
“ADVANCED BLACK AND WHITE PROCESSING WITH PhtD™ – PHOTOGRAPHY DRAWING”
In addition, you will receive a 50+-page eBook describing in detail Julia’s personal processing method Photography Drawing (PhtD) applied on one of her gold-awarded images, showing you how to process your images from start to finish to create images that win awards.
VIDEO TUTORIAL SUMMARY
14 VIDEO CHAPTERS
CREATING (en)VISIONOGRAPHY™ – THE NEW FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY – VISION AND CONCEPT
1. Introduction – Purpose of the Presentation
2. Location and Study Topics – Overview
3. What is Fine Art Photography – Photography Seen as a Tool, Not an End Goal
4. Talking about Art Instead of Fine Art Photography
5. Creating a Personal Photography
6. The Place of Photography in the Process of Creation
7. Using a Visual Language in Fine Art Photography
8. The Personal Language of the Artist in Fine Art Photography
9. Personal Statement and Vision in Photography
10. The Birth of (en)Visionography™
11. What is (en)Visionography™
12. Passion as the Driving Force in Creating Fine Art Photography
13. Photography Drawing™ (PhtD) Processing Method – How I Created It
14. Photography Drawing™ as a Processing Method
9 VIDEO CHAPTERS
LONG EXPOSURE PHOTOGRAPHY
1. Introduction – Long Exposure As a Tool to Create Art
2. Long Exposure as a Technique – Types of Long Exposure – Daytime vs Nightime Long Exposure
3. What are Neutral Density Filters
4. What Neutral Density Intensities to Use and When
5. Stacking Filters to Increase Intensity with Circular Filters
6. Neutral Density Filter Shapes – Square vs Circular Shape and When to Use Them – Neutral Density Grad Filters
7. Dealing with Light Leak When Shooting Long Exposure
8. Avoiding Light Leak When Shooting with Square Neutral Density Filters
9. Regular vs Slim Neutral Density Filters and How to Use Them
11 VIDEO CHAPTERS
EQUIPMENT FOR SHOOTING LONG EXPOSURE
1. Equipment for Architecture and Long Exposure Photography – Overview
2. How to Choose a Tripod
3. How to Choose a Camera
4. Best Lenses for Long Exposure and Architecture Photography
5. Setting up the Tripod – Using an “L” Plate
6. Leveling the Camera
7. Using Neutral Density Filters
8. How to Choose and Use the Cable Release
9. Advanced Tips for Avoiding Vibrations with Long Exposure
10. Calculating the Exposure with an Exposure Calculator
11. How to Decide the Best Exposure – Vision and Conditions
5 VIDEO CHAPTERS
THE TILT-SHIFT LENS – HANDS-ON PRESENTATION
1. Introduction – Tilt-Shift lens – What It Is and How It Functions
2. The Keystone Effect – What It Is and How to Correct It with the Tilt-Shift Lens
3. Composing with the Tilt-Shift Lens – Foreground and Background
4. Using the Tilt-Shift lens As a Tool to Express Your Vision
5. Avoiding Light Leak When Shooting Long Exposure with a Tilt-Shift Lens
15 VIDEO CHAPTERS
TAKING THE PHOTOGRAPH FROM START TO FINISH – VISION, COMPOSITION, EXECUTION – CASE STUDY – EYE FILM INSTITUTE AMSTERDAM
1. Assessing the Scene and the Shooting Conditions
2. Preparing to Take the Photograph
3. Studying the Subject
4. Vision, Previsualization and Composition
5. Setting up the Camera for the Long Exposure Shot
6. Tips for Working with Long Exposure
6. Tip 01
7. Tip 02
8. Tip 03
9. Tip 04
10. Tip 05
11. Applying the Filter on the Lens
12. Switching to Bulb and Taking the Shot
13. Checking the Result
14. Hands-on Demo of Shooting a Long Exposure Photograph – EYE Film Institute Amsterdam
15. The Result
2 VIDEO CHAPTERS
APPROACHING ARCHITECTURE IN FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY
1. Capturing the Light and Volumes – Composition and “Designing” the Image
2. Approaching Architecture As a Particular Subject – Modern vs Classic Architecture
1 VIDEO CHAPTER
STUDYING THE SUBJECT PRIOR TO PHOTOGRAPHING IT
1. Understanding the Subject – Studying It in Advance and at the Location – Case Study – “The Rock” Building Amsterdam
6 VIDEO CHAPTERS
SHOOTING ARCHITECTURE LONG EXPOSURE WITH THE TILT-SHIFT LENS – CASE STUDY – CALATRAVA BRIDGE AMSTERDAM
1. Presenting the Architectural Object and Scouting the Location
2. Starting with Enouncing Your Vision and Intention for the Image
3. Hands-On Shooting Process – Choosing the Equipment and Deciding the Composition
4. Analyzing the Conditions, Choosing the Best Camera Settings, Setting Up and Taking the Shot
5. Checking the Image and Making Sure the Result is Perfect
6. The Result
1 VIDEO CHAPTER
HOW TO AVOID MISTAKES WHEN SHOOTING LONG EXPOSURE
1. Tips on How To Avoid Common and Uncommon Long Exposure Issues
2. Tip 01
3. Tip 02
4. Tip 03
4 VIDEO CHAPTERS
CONCLUSION – FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY AS AN ONGOING PROCESS
1. Creating Emotion Through Fine Art Photography by Revealing the Artist’s Soul
2. Start with Your Emotion and Create Your Own Fine Art Path
3. Education in Fine Art Photography and Finding a Mentor
4. Fine Art photography Study Resources
50-PAGE NEW eBOOK: “ADVANCED BLACK AND WHITE PROCESSING WITH PhtD™ – PHOTOGRAPHY DRAWING”
Julia Anna Gospodarou’s
ADVANCED PROCESSING METHOD
BLACK & WHITE FINE ART
Step-by-step black and white processing workflow for Photography Drawing, showing the creation from start to finish of one of Julia Anna Gospodarou’s gold-awarded images.
You can purchase the tutorial by clicking on the button below or from this link: Creating (en)Visionography Video Tutorial.
You can also use this alternative link to order.
“Thank you so much for your course. You can read bits and pieces about fine art architecture and about long exposure photography here and there but I haven’t found so far such a comprehensive tutorial that puts everything together and explains everything from both a practical and an artistic angle. It was a revelation for me. More of this!” – Randy S.
“So many tips to pick up from this video from a real master. I really enjoyed your demonstration of what you can achieve with a tilt-shift lens. Excellent editing ebook too.”– Peter G.
“Julia Anna you are such an inspiration. I’m honored to learn from you. This tutorial is a fantastic addition to the workshops I attended with you. I loved it and it gave me ideas for my work.” – Chris M.
“I have ordered Julia’s tutorial and I just finished watching it and reading the bonus book. I’m very happy and inspired and I cannot wait to get out to put into practice what I learned. I recommend the tutorial to anyone who wants to learn to do long exposure photography like a pro and express their artistic vision in their photography. If you want that, Creating Envisionography is for you.” – Alex W.
“Thank you so much for what was an eye-opening to not just the possibilities of post processing, but ultimately, my own vision and how I will capture/create images in the future.” – Hardy L.
“Great tutorial. Easy to follow and apply and with an insight into artistic vision and (en)Visionography that opens your eyes. Highly recommended.” – Tony S.
“I’ve been following your work for many years and it never fails to impress me. You are a great artist and a great teacher. Thank you for another fantastic tutorial. Regards.” – Stacy N.
“Best course on artistic long exposure photography and architecture. I was inspired by it to shoot buildings even if I’m a landscape photographer mainly. But practically you can apply what you learn in this course to both. Loved the tips. Thank you for the inspiration.” – Christophe D.
“I am completely satisfied with all three (en)Visionography courses with video training that I have purchased.” – Bruce M.
You can find more testimonials at this link Julia Anna Gospodarou Testimonials.
FURTHER STUDY RESOURCES
FINE ART BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY, ARCHITECTURE PHOTOGRAPHY, LONG EXPOSURE PHOTOGRAPHY
You can find more resources about fine art black and white photography, (en)Visionography, long exposure photography and architecture photography in my extensive collection of photography tutorials. To receive my future tutorials directly via email you can subscribe to my website.
Learn more about how to create fine art photography, from vision to processing and the final image in my video course From Vision to Final Image – Mastering Black and White Photography Processing, in my video tutorial Long Exposure, Architecture, Fine Art Photography – Creating (en)Visionography, in my book From Basics to Fine Art – Black and White Photography, or by attending one of my workshops.
To study with Julia Anna Gospodarou personally, find out about our
Support our mission for quality photography education. Donate!
We believe in knowledge, education, and the freedom of spirit that creates great art. We believe in art and artists.
Please donate to help us continue sharing free quality photography education and inspiration.
For more than one and a half decades, we have been sharing free content on fine art photography, black and white photography, architecture photography, long exposure photography, as well as our original concepts of “(en)Visionography” and “Photography Drawing”.
Thousands of photographers started their journey in fine art photography here and found inspiration and practical resources that empowered them. Many have won awards for their work and are making a career in photography based on knowledge acquired from our free tutorials, books, courses, and workshops.
This makes us incredibly proud of our work.
To empower even more photographers to reach their dreams, we want to keep this resource free forever so every new or advanced photographer can have access to knowledge, quality photography education, and inspiration.
To help us in our efforts, please consider becoming a patron of this cause with your recurring donations.
You will be part of a generous effort by other exquisite art and photography-loving patrons, and you can be proud of being a supporter of art and artists like the famous Maecenas of the past. Art and artists need your support, as always in the history of art and photography.
Julia Anna Gospodarou – Founder – (en)Visionographer
Founder of (en)Visionography™ and creator of Photography Drawing™, internationally acclaimed fine art photographer, architect, educator, and best-selling author, with 25+ years experience in photography and architecture, Julia Anna Gospodarou is a leader in modern fine art photography who shaped with her work the way architecture fine art photography looks today.
Awarded more than 100 times in the most important photography competitions worldwide, two-time International Photography Awards IPA Photographer of the Year, World Photography Awards SWPA, and Hasselblad Masters Finalist, her work was widely exhibited and published internationally.
With a passion for the world’s civilizations and speaking five languages, Julia was always in the avant-garde of thinking as an architect and a photographer, constantly pushing the limits of what is possible, constantly reinventing herself as an artist and an individual. Her huge love for travel and discoveries and her passion for teaching, art, and photography led her to become in the past one and a half decades one of the world’s top-rated fine art photography educators and workshop organizers.