BERLIN WORKSHOP 2023 – FINE ART BLACK & WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY BOOTCAMP
LIVE UPDATE – ONLY 1 SPOT LEFT
APRIL 21-23, 2023 – 3-day In-person Workshop
NEW! MAY 7, 2023 – Post-Workshop 4-hour Live Zoom Session
BLACK AND WHITE FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY BOOTCAMP
INTENSIVE B&W PHOTOGRAPHY PROCESSING & SHOOTING
Limited Class – Small Group – 10 Students
CREATE MORE THAN PHOTOGRAPHY
JULIA ANNA GOSPODAROU
Founder of (en)Visionography, one of the founders of black and white fine art architecture photography, leader of the New Wave of 21st Century Black and White Fine Art Photography, highly sought-after educator, experienced workshop leader, Two-Time IPA International Photography Awards Professional Architecture Photographer of the Year, World Photography Awards & Hasselblad Masters Finalist, winner of more than 100 major photography awards and distinctions, author of the best-selling book From Basics to Fine Art, progressive experienced architect and lover of art in all shapes and forms.
Also, great to work with, fun, and easygoing, as all her clients and students can attest.
A new and original concept, (en)Visionography has rapidly gained worldwide recognition in the 21st Century and more and more artists start approaching photography this way every day.
“I highly recommend Julia’s workshops to anyone wanting to take their work to a level they have never thought possible.“
(en)VISIONOGRAPHY IS COMING TO BERLIN
WITH A NEW WORKSHOP CONCEPT
MORE Shooting! MORE Processing! MORE Post-Workshop Reviews!
A highly practical workshop to raise your photography to the level of art.
YOU ASKED FOR IT! IT IS HERE!
Take your Fine Art Black and White Photography to a new level of craftsmanship by learning how to use your vision as the most advanced shooting and post-processing tool
How do you use all the technical tools to put your soul into your images? This workshop will show you how!
Workshop highly recommended to the students who have attended my other workshops, or to new students who want to learn how to create outstanding fine art photography.
BERLIN – A FASCINATING CITY FOR PHOTOGRAPHY
We will shoot and learn in one of the most inspiring cities in the world, with amazing architecture and a wonderful cosmopolitan atmosphere, with a fascinating history – a welcoming modern and art-loving city that you will fall in love with.
What will Berlin Workshop 2023 teach you?
How to capture amazing fine art photographs.
How to use your software in the best way to give life to your vision.
How to create (en)Visionography and take your photography to the level of ART.
How to get recognition for doing what you love – photography.
HIGHLY POPULAR EXTRA OPTIONS – A SIGNATURE OF JULIA’S WORKSHOPS
POST-WORKSHOP PERSONAL FOLLOW-UP MENTORING
(*FULL Workshop Level)
To get the highest value from this course, choose this popular extra option together with the workshop in the FULL version: Personal Follow-Up Mentoring.
You will continue working one-on-one online with Julia Anna Gospodarou after the workshop to perfect the knowledge you accumulated at the workshop and get feedback and practical applied advice on your images, so you can create the best portfolio from the workshop.
ADDITIONAL ONE-ON-ONE LIVE VIDEO COACHING SESSION
(*FULL Workshop Level)
One more extra option you will get if you choose the FULL workshop version. Meet live online with Julia in a one-on-one 1.5+-hour video coaching session where she will extensively analyze your work and give you practical advice on how to improve your workshop images.
NEW! GROUP LIVE ONLINE REVIEW SESSION- SUNDAY MAY 7, 2023
(*EXTENDED Workshop Level)
Extra option for the EXTENDED workshop version. Except for attending the in-person workshop, meet live online with Julia in a 4-hour group review video session to get extensive applied advice on your workshop images with suggestions for improvement.
PRE-WORKSHOP PRELIMINARY EVALUATION & PERSONAL GUIDANCE BASED ON YOUR STYLE AND SKILLS
Based on your information and your own skills and style, get a personal preliminary evaluation from Julia Anna Gospodarou, together with advice for improvement and preparation guidance and material.
Portfolio and skill evaluation for each student together with advice for improvement, including the tools to use for the best preparation for the workshop. When you come to the workshop you will already have learned so much.
PRE-WORKSHOP INTENSIVE PREPARATORY COURSE (55+PAGE FREE COURSE)
The course contains comprehensive, extended, and detailed learning material that you can study in advance to prepare for the workshop so you can get the best results possible.
This means that when you come to the workshop, you have already worked on your vision and the technical aspects that will help you get the most amazing photographs. Together with the direct and hands-on interaction you will have with Julia at the workshop, this will ensure that you can go back home with an outstanding portfolio and with the knowledge and practical tools you need to create your best fine art photography so far.
ANALYTICAL WORKSHOP INFO – SHOOTING LOCATIONS, GEAR, TRIP PLANNING, ETC.
Analytical information about the workshop, the shooting locations, the gear and equipment you will need, the techniques you can use, the city and areas we will be shooting, and everything you need to prepare for your trip and study all the aspects of the subjects we will shoot.
What is included:
Workshop ONLY – You will be working with Julia Anna Gospodaoru ONLY during the 3 days of the in-person workshop.
What is included:
Workshop + Group Online Review Session – You will be working with Julia Anna Gospodaoru during the days of the workshop and attend a group live online review video session two weeks after the workshop.
What is included:
Workshop + Group Online Review Session + 2 WEEKS Personal Follow-up Mentoring + Additional Live One-on-One Video Coaching Session – Except for the workshop you will have access to a group live online review video session two weeks after the workshop and 2 weeks of online mentoring with Julia Anna Gospodarou, following right after the workshop when things are fresh and the mentoring is highly effective, with feedback related to the workshop and advice for processing your images. You will also be meeting with Julia in an additional one-on-one live Zoom review session.
You can choose the desired workshop level in the registration form when you sign up, by clicking the SIGN UP button below.
LIVE UPDATE – ONLY 1 SPOT LEFT
WORKSHOP + GROUP ONLINE REVIEW SESSION + 2-WEEK PERSONAL FOLLOW-UP MENTORING + ADDITIONAL ONE-ON-ONE SESSION
Take FULL advantage of the learning experience with Julia Anna Gospodarou. You deserve it! :)
WORKSHOP + GROUP ONLINE REVIEW SESSION
Learn with Julia for 3 days live & Attend Post-Workshop online review session
Learn with Julia ONLY for 3 days
After registering you will receive an email with more info about the workshop. For details contact email@example.com
You can pay for the workshop by PayPal or even if you do not have a PayPal account by using your debit or credit card. To do this please choose the option “Pay with a debit or credit card” on the payment page. Alternatively, you can pay by bank transfer. If you prefer this option please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will take care of everything.
About your instructor
Julia Anna Gospodarou is one of the first 21st Century artists working extensively with digital photography, after having worked for years with analog photography, who became aware and publicly spoke in her books, articles, lectures, and workshops about the need to see digital photography as a new discipline, independent from traditional analog photography, due to the fundamental differences in the way they are experienced and created.
This new discipline, which she calls (en)Visionography™, is the response of photography to art in a time when photography benefits from tremendously evolved technical resources, never before experienced, both as for the equipment used to capture the image as well as for the software used to take it from the state of raw material to an expression of the vision of the artist. Many photographers are not yet aware of the real potential of these tools and of how they can be used creatively in a new way that goes much beyond what was possible in traditional photography.
Julia’s mission is to make this huge potential known and available to everybody through the concept of (en)Visionography, so each photographer can become an artist by using these tools at their full power. She accomplishes this with her original method of teaching that has helped hundreds of students over the years go from having a passion for photography to becoming the successful artists they dreamed to be.
Julia believes that every artist has their own artistic uniqueness and that by using the right tools they can become authentic outstanding artists. She will share her practical guidelines as an effective method that will give the students a roadmap to walk this path that leads to a successful life as an artist-photographer in the digital world.
What you will learn at Berlin Workshop 2023
- Learn how to envision, conceive and process your black and white images to create (en)Visionography
- Learn black and white photography, from start to finish.
- Learn the ins and outs of long exposure photography, from a Worldwide Formatt-Hitech Ambassador, the leading ND filter producer in the world.
- Learn how to use a tilt-shift lens, the best lens for shooting architecture, landscapes, and portraits. You do not need to own a tilt-shift lens to attend, but you can learn how to use it.
- Learn how to shoot modern and historical architecture and how to make the best out of the subject in front of you.
- Shoot some of the most iconic locations in the world
- Learn how to process your images like a pro and become a virtuoso of black and white photography editing.
- Learn Julia’s original, most effective method of processing PHOTOGRAPHY DRAWING™, which brought her more than 100 awards. And NO, you do not need to know how to draw, nor will you have to learn it at the workshop. What you will learn is how to think and create photography like an artist, by using the light principles used by artists in drawing and painting.
- See Julia demonstrating her Photography Drawing processing method live ON YOUR OWN IMAGES.
- Go BEYOND post-processing as it is understood today and transform your vision into the most powerful creative outlet.
- Learn how to create EMOTION and how to reach deeper into your viewers’ souls.
- Transform your black and white photography into (en)Visionography, transform your photography into ART
- Win international fine art photography competitions, with images shot in Berlin.
- Leave your mark in modern fine art photography.
An intensive and exciting workshop that will elevate your art to the highest level
Become a Master of Black and White Fine Art Photography
Berlin Workshop 2023 Program Outline
The workshop will be comprised of multiple sections, the in-person 3-day session in Berlin on April 21-21, 2023 for the Lite Level, a live group review session 2 weeks after the workshop, on Sunday, May 7, 2023 for the Extended Level, 2 weeks of post-workshop personal mentoring and an additional one-on-one live coaching session in the Full Level.
- How to use Vision as a Post-processing tool – How to use Post-Processing as a Creative Tool
- Finding your Vision in Fine Art Photography – Creating (en)Visionography™
- How to Recreate Your Vision in Black and White – Learn to see and recreate your vision in black and white by creating light and shadow
- The Principles and Processing Steps in Photography Drawing™
Black and White Fine Art Processing Demonstrations
- Live Demonstrations – Advanced black and white fine art processing – demonstrating in practice Julia’s processing method Photography Drawing™, fully applied to student images. This is the method Julia uses in her photography which brought her 100+ awards.
Black and White Fine Art Hands-On Practice with the Students
- Practice black and white processing with the newly acquired knowledge and technique, under Julia’s direct guidance and by receiving hands-on immediate assistance – Hands-on processing sessions.
Black and White Fine Art Portfolio Reviews
- Receive direct feedback on your black and white work, and constructive suggestions for improvement, based on your own vision and personal style, in an open and highly effective discussion with your teacher – Hands-on student image analysis and review
Shooting in the Field the Iconic Locations of Berlin
- Shooting the most iconic locations of Berlin and hands-on one-on-one instructional sessions with the students.
- Learn how to shoot Long Exposure and Architecture Photography if you are a beginner, and become a master of the genre, if you are more advanced.
- Learn how to use the tilt-shift lens to create amazing professional-level fine art architecture photography
- A complete list of shooting locations and the exact program will be sent to the students as we approach the workshop.
NEW! Post-Workshop 4-hour Group Live Online Review Session (Extended Level)
- Post-workshop Group Live Zoom session on Sunday, May 7, 2023, at 4:00 PM CEST (Berlin) | 3:00 PM BST (London) | 10:00 AM EDT (NYC) | 7:00 AM PDT (LA) – Live reviews of images shot by the students during the workshop. Julia will give the students extensive applied advice to create the best final images out of their workshop photographs.
NEW! Post-Workshop 2-week Personal Mentoring + 1.5+-hour Additional One-on-One Live Video Coaching Session (Full Level)
- Post-workshop 2-week personal mentoring and one additional one-on-one live coaching session to fully take advantage of this workshop and be able to decide a day and time for the coaching session that works best in your schedule. Get personal extensive advice on your work and vision to advance our photography to the highest level.
IMPORTANT INFO FOR PLANNING YOUR TRIP
For those who need to travel and arrange their trip to Berlin, we will be starting the workshop on Friday, April 21 around 8:30 AM, and finish on Sunday, April 23 around 5:00 PM. The program every day will be from around 8:30 AM till around 5:00 PM, maybe later, depending on your resistance and willingness to shoot.
The venue for the instructional sessions will be located centrally in Berlin and you will get an update as to the exact address in our further communication.
All students will receive a detailed program per day with info about the classroom sessions, as well as info about the locations we will be shooting, hotel recommendations, and other useful recommendations and tips for your trip.
Examples of Alumni Students’ Work
With a camera, your processing software, and your mind and soul, you can create real art. Proof? My alumni students who had amazing achievements after our work together. They discovered the artist inside themselves and learned how to create art through photography.
Appreciations from the experts
“I consider Julia’s (en)Visionography and Photography Drawing the most important innovation in black and white photography since the invention of the Zone System.”
– George DeWolfe – Fine Art Photographer, Instructor & Author who studied with Ansel Adams and Minor White
What Julia’s alumni students say
“Where I am in photography now, I owe it to Julia for being such an awesome mentor and teacher.”
“Julia is a true professional in her approach to photography.“
“Taking Julia’s workshop was the best thing I ever did: her natural teaching style gave me the confidence I needed.”
“I’ve learned that to become the best, you learn from the best, so I sought out Julia.”
“I believe Julia is one the best fine art photographers in the world. I fell in love with her work as soon as I discovered it.”
“Julia’s work is only surpassed by her gentle spirit and kindness as an instructor. “
“Learning from Julia is not just intensive and packed with valuable information, it is also fun and exciting.”
“Julia’s goal is to see each one of her students excel in both technical and creative aspects.“
“Julia is a true inspiration, a great photographer and I don’t think I would be able to learn from anyone else so quickly. “
“I highly recommend Julia’s workshops to anyone wanting to take their work to a level that they may have never thought possible. “
“I will forever be indebted to Julia, studying with her has truly been both an honor and a transformation for myself and my profession.”
“She changed the way I see, the way I approach a subject, the way I react to light, and the way I process my images. “
“The phrase “Highly Recommended” is just an understatement to describe the usefulness of Julia’s workshops.”
How is this Fine Art Black and White Photography Bootcamp different from Julia’s other (en)Visionography workshops
This workshop is built around a new concept, which makes it different from the other workshops in the (en)Visionography series. The main focus of this Fine Art Black and White Photography Bootcamp will be to explore fine art photography in a highly practical way.
If you have attended one or more of Julia’s other creative-oriented (en)Visionography workshops, this is the perfect workshop for you. However, you do not need to have attended one of the previous (en)Visionohraphy workshops in order to attend this one, as we will work extensively on important aspects of fine art photography with results that can be applied immediately even if this is your first workshop ever. To better prepare, especially if this is your first workshop with Julia, you can use the suggested material below to get up to speed before the workshop. You will also receive an important amount of material for study before the workshop so you can be as well prepared as possible.
The workshop is conceived to take you further into the more practical aspects of black and white photography and how to apply everything in your work, step-by-step under Julia’s direct assistance, while allowing for extended time for shooting so you can create an outstanding portfolio of black and white images.
Think about an intensive learning experience combined with a destination workshop, all in one. The best of both worlds to make your workshop experience unforgettable.
The workshop will be focused mainly on your work. Julia will be demonstrating extensively her creative and processing methods (en)Visionography and Photography Drawing, during hands-on classroom sessions directly on students’ images, showing how the principles and practical tools can be adapted to every photography genre and artistic vision to create outstanding black and white fine art photography. You will learn how to use this concept in your photography and apply it in a practical way to your images, regardless of the subject you are working with.
We will explore the tools you can use to discover your artistic vision and create a personal style, how to make the best out of your artistic creativity in fine art photography, and we will delve more deeply into the act of actually working on your images with the aim to put your vision and creativity into practice and create a final piece of art.
You will learn things you’ve never heard before in any photography workshop. You will go beyond photography, beyond the rules, beyond any “should” and “should not”, to touch the essence of fine art photography, which is the expression of your soul.
This workshop will be an eye-opener that will give you the tools to truly see photography as an artist.
Suggested Preparation Material
Good learning resources to prepare for this workshop are:
- Video Course 5+ hours – From Vision to Final Image – Mastering B&W Photography Processing – extensive analytical black and white photography conceiving and post-processing
- Video Tutorial 2.5+ hours – Creating (en)Visionography – Long Exposure, Architecture, Fine Art Photography – theoretical and practical analysis of (e)Visionography, fine art photography, architecture and long exposure photography, working with the tilt-shift lens
- eBook 425 pages – From Basics to Fine Art – Black and White Photography – Architecture and Beyond – extensive theoretical and practical analysis of fine art black and white photography – principles, rules, practical advice, post-processing.
Who is this workshop for
Both beginning and advanced photographers are welcome to Berlin Workshop 2023, regardless of the gear they use or how long they are working with photography. After all, fine art, (en)Visionography, relies more on the vision of the artist than on his gear. I have won many awards using basic gear and you can do it too.
Architecture, as well as landscape photographers, are welcome, and any photographer creating other genres of black and white fine art photography (still life, portraiture, conceptual) or aiming to learn how to do it, will find this workshop a great tool for advancing their photography to the next level. The subject you work with is not that important, what you want to convey through it is, and you will find out why that happens and learn how to do it.
We will mostly shoot architecture, but the knowledge you will acquire in this workshop can be applied to any subject or photography genre, since it is based on your personal style and not necessarily on a specific subject.
What equipment/software you need
- A camera with Bulb function so you can shoot long exposure. If you don’t want to shoot long exposure you don’t need the bulb function, but I wouldn’t miss in your place the chance to shoot long exposure. Some newer cameras can shoot longer exposures in Manual mode too. If you own such a camera, you will not need the Bulb function.
- Your favorite lenses. A wide-angle lens will help you and if you have a tilt-shift (preferably wide-angle), you will see how good it is for shooting in the city.
- ND filters if you want to shoot long exposure. Recommended: Formatt-Hitech Firecrest or Firecrest Ultra 10, 13 (or 14) and 16 stops ND filters. Alternatively, Formatt-Hitech Firecrest or Firecrest Ultra 10, 6 and 3-stop (or 4-stop) ND filters. Or you can opt for a wider range consisting of a set of 3 (or 4), 6, 10, 13 and 16-stop ND filters that will help you cover any exposure you may need. You can use the square or circular filter version. For any Formatt-Hitech Filter, holder, or accessory you need to purchase, use the code JULIA10 to get 10% discount when ordering from http://www.formatt-hitechusa.com/ or www.formatt-hitech.com .
- A tripod to stabilize your camera during long exposures or to experiment with creative photography (motion blur, ICM etc.). For any Manfrotto or Gitzo tripod or accessory, you can use the code JULIA10 to get 10% discount when ordering from this link for Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/ and from this one for Gitzo https://www.gitzo.com/ . Also, I have secured a discount for my students from FLM Tripods too and you can use the code JULIAG10 to get 10% discount on any FLM product from this link https://www.flmcanada.com/
- A cable release/remote control to control the shutter during the exposures, in case your camera does not have this function.
- A laptop or notebook, with installed processing software for practicing during the instructional sessions. You can use Photoshop, Lightroom, Topaz Labs, Luminar, DxO PhotoLab or other software you are familiar with. For any Topaz Labs product, you can often get discounts when ordering from this link. For Luminar or any other Skylum product you can use the code JULIAG to get 10% discount when ordering from this link. For ON1 PhotoRAW, ON1 NoNoise, ON1 Resize etc. you can use the code JULIAG20 to get 20% discount when ordering from this link.
- Here you can find more gear and software recommendations. Choose based on your skills and style.
What is Included:
Professional award-winning instructor
Theoretical presentations in the classroom.
Processing instructional sessions.
Access to conference room with high-end equipment for the classroom sessions.
What is NOT included:
Visas – The visa is exclusively the responsibility of the student and we cannot provide it or facilitate its issue.
Travel Expenses (Flights etc)
Travel or health insurance
Other expenses due to events outside the organizer’s control.
It is highly advisable to purchase your own insurance covering gear, health, travel and possible cancellations which are not included. There are very reasonably priced options for travel & cancellation insurance, so please make sure you have insurance before attending the workshop.
Terms & Conditions:
All participants MUST agree to the workshop terms & conditions before participating. You will receive a waiver to sign during the registration.
Refunds and Cancellations:
We REQUIRE that you purchase quality cancellation insurance that will refund you if you have to cancel your trip or participation in an in-person or online activity. By registering and paying for a Workshop you declare that you have valid cancellation insurance and if not, you agree that in case of a cancellation you are willing to lose the fee you paid for the workshop/course that is non-refundable. There are reasonably priced options for cancellation insurance with many companies, so please make sure you have insurance before attending the Workshop.
We are not responsible for cancellations due to medical emergencies or any unforeseen circumstances. Please make sure that possible last-minute emergencies are covered by your insurance policy. Also, before registering for the Workshop make sure your program is free and you are able to attend. There will be no refunds for changes in plans, regardless of the reason or moment they appear. Make sure you purchase an extended “Cancel for Any Reason Coverage” that covers canceling reasons such as unexpected work or family obligations or even a simple change of mind.
A commitment fee of 30% of the value of the workshop/event fee is NON-REFUNDABLE. This fee is meant to cover the preliminary organizing and administrative costs. In the case of a cancellation, the request must be made in writing at email@example.com . Refunds will be in full, (less the 30% commitment fee) if cancellation is made up to 90 days prior to the start of the workshop. NO REFUND will be made for cancellations made after the 90 days limit unless you can find a replacement student for your spot. The workshop/course fee is event-related and CANNOT be transferred to another workshop or course. NO EXCEPTIONS.
The organizer has the right to change the program/reschedule the workshop or any other activity at any time, if considered necessary or in the cases where it is impossible to follow the initial program due to external causes or any other reasons that might obstruct it (force majeure etc.). The information on this page is subject to change without notice. The workshop may be canceled in the unlikely event the minimum number of participants is not met.
Read here the detailed Terms & Conditions . By attending the workshop you agree to these terms and conditions.
FURTHER STUDY RESOURCES
FINE ART BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY, ARCHITECTURE PHOTOGRAPHY, LONG EXPOSURE PHOTOGRAPHY
You can find more resources about fine art black and white photography, (en)Visionography, long exposure photography and architecture photography in my extensive collection of photography tutorials. To receive my future tutorials directly via email you can subscribe to my website.
Learn more about how to create fine art photography, from vision to processing and the final image in my video course From Vision to Final Image – Mastering Black and White Photography Processing, in my video tutorial Long Exposure, Architecture, Fine Art Photography – Creating (en)Visionography, in my book From Basics to Fine Art – Black and White Photography, or by attending one of my workshops.
To study with Julia Anna Gospodarou personally, find out about our
WORKSHOPS & MENTORING
Please consider making a donation
We believe in knowledge, we believe in education and the freedom of spirit that creates great art. We believe in art and in artists.
If you enjoy our content, please consider making a small donation, to help us continue sharing free content and offer knowledge and inspiration.
For more than a decade we have been sharing free content on fine art photography, black and white photography, architecture photography, long exposure photography, as well as our original concepts of “(en)Visionography” and “Photography Drawing”. You can find on our website many free extensive tutorials on all these subjects.
Thousands of photographers started their journey in fine art photography here and found inspiration and practical resources that empowered them. Many have won awards for their work and are making a career in photography based on knowledge acquired from our books, courses, and workshops.
This makes us extremely proud of our work.
To empower even more photographers to reach their dreams, we want to keep this resource free forever so every new or advanced photographer can have access to knowledge and inspiration.
To help us in our efforts to provide knowledge and inspiration for everyone, please consider becoming a patron of this website with your donations.
You will be part of this generous effort and you can be proud of being a supporter of art and artists, like the famous Maecenas of the past. Art and artists need your support as always in the history of art and photography.
Julia Anna Gospodarou – Founder
Julia Anna Gospodarou is an internationally acclaimed award-winning photographer, an architect with a Master’s degree, a best-selling author, and a highly sought-after educator, teaching workshops and lecturing around the world. Founder of (en)Visionography™ and creator of Photography Drawing™, author of the best-selling book From Basics to Fine Art – Black and White Photography, multiple times awarded in the most important photography competitions worldwide (Two-Time International Photography Awards IPA Photographer of the Year 2016 & 2021, World Photography Awards SWPA Top 10 Finalist, and Hasselblad Masters Top 10 Finalist, as well as 100+ more awards), widely published internationally in books and magazines, Julia is passionate about art and photography and striving to spread the ideas of fine art photography and (en)Visionography all over the world.